Manufactured home insurance provides coverage for your mobile home, garage or shed, and your personal belongings. It may also provide financial protection in case you unintentionally injure someone or damage their property.
Having the right insurance helps you protect one of your most valuable assets – your home.
Fire. Theft. Windstorms. These are risks you face every day as a mobile home owner. You are also at risk in case someone gets hurt while at your home, or you accidentally damage someone else’s property.
Mobile home insurance offers peace of mind in knowing that your finances won’t suffer if unexpected events like these happen.
While no insurance policy covers everything, your policy should cover a wide range of possible damages or causes of loss like:
- Falling Objects
- Off Right-of-Way Collision
- Attempted or Actual Burglary or Robbery
- Water Damage from Bursting Pipes
- Damage from Ink, Paint, Dye, Shoe and Nail Polish
- Damage by Wild or Stray Animals
Liability coverage is an important part of your insurance package and also comes standard with most Mobile Home policy. It covers you if you’re found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury or property damage to someone who doesn’t live in your home. It covers costs like their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage, as well as legal counsel for you and legal cost reimbursement if you’re sued.
Additional Coverages Included With Your Policy
- Removal of Debris, of Your Insured Property, After a Covered Loss
- Trees, Shrubs, Plants and Lawns
- Emergency Removal Service Additional Living Expenses
- Fire Department Service
- Food Spoilage
Some coverages may be subject to company approval or may not be available in all states. These are a few of the most popular coverage options:
- Comprehensive Personal Effects Replacement Cost Coverage
- Trip Coverage When Moving Your Mobile Home
- Personal Articles Floater
- Additional Coverage for Other Structures