It’s been a few weeks now since Harvey devastated our state of Texas. Many Texans are getting in the swing of things once again, with life getting back to normal. But many have yet to start on repairs to their home. More Specifically their roof; if you find yourself in this group, be very careful when hiring. We have listed tips to help you find a safe and trustworthy contractor.
Picking a Roofing Contractor
How do I pick a contractor to install or repair my new roof?
• First, you must vrify the name, address, telephone number, and references of your roofing contractor.
• Always make sure to check if the contractor has insurance or a bond.
• Do not settle on the first contractor, look for three written bids to compare.
•Make sure that you get a copy of all written, signed copies of all agreements, warranty terms.
• If you need a WPI-8, make sure that the re-roof application is eligible.
•Do not pay the contractor upfront. Wait until all the repairs are done to fulfill payment.
• Avoid door-to-door solicitors for damage repair work.
Beware of a contractor…….
• Who is not familiar with the Windstorm Inspections Program.
• Who only accepts cash.
• Who only has out-of-state references and no current or local references.
• Who requires money before materials are on-site! Huge red flag!
• Who is not established and as mentioned before, has no references.
• Who does not have insurance or a bond.
• Who offers “specials” or “extra-cheap work.”
As always, we hope all of our fellow Texans are back on their feet. If there are any questions you may have, feel free to call, click or email us. You are alawyas a VIP at VIG!